Tuesday 23 April 2013

Junior Omoigberale plans big for Nollywood

Junior Omoigberale plans big for Nollywood
     Fast rising actor, Junior Omoigbarele lives in two worlds. He gallivants between Africa’s largest movie industries, Nollywood and Gollywood.
And interestingly, for a Nigerian, his acting career kicked off in Ghana after he relocated a few years ago in what he describes as the search of himself.

Today, the indigene of Edo State has starred in a dozen flicks in Ghana and is one of the emerging faces of the motion picture industry in that country having stared in movies like Azonto Babes, Gamble of Love, College Boys, College Girls, School Madness, Sexual Healing and Take My Wife to mention a few.
“I left Nigerian because I wanted to start a new me; a new life. I was fed up with the system so I had to go somewhere to go look for myself. It was so bad that if I had stayed here, anything could have happened to me.
I just wanted to live, go far away. It was not like I had issues with my family or anybody for that matter; I just wanted to rediscover myself,” he said. Though he maintains sealed lips about the real reasons why he was fed up with the system, the journey to rediscover himself took him all the way to Ghana where he met and made friends with actor, Atus Frank who opened doors and opportunities for him.
Acting career Junior, who is from a family of eight kids confessed that he never, knew he was going to be an actor. It all happened by accident after he met Atus Frank in Ghana “It happened by accident! I thank God I met Atus Frank when I did. He was God sent. I met him when I got to Ghana to see a friend who is a top movie director and producer whom I met him on facebook and exchanged numbers with.
I met Atus Frank on his set so I became friends with Atus. We started hanging out and I became friends with his family. We’ve come a long way. “Atus has been a great source of inspiration in my drive to become something in Gollywood.
He is a great friend who has my interest at heart. I can’t stop thanking him for all he has done for me,” he said Love life Junior also disclosed that currently he is in a relationship. However he and his lover, Patience, a Liberian damsel are separated by distance. While he shuttles between Nigeria and Ghana, she is in far away Australia.
“We met a couple of years ago. Patience, the love of my life is a Liberian but she lives in Australia. Despite the distance it’s a serious relationship. We have been together for like four years now. It’s wonderful despite the distance.
I understand her and she understands me too and when ever we have an opportunity, we always get back together. We talk for like an hour every day. We were together last year and I can’t wait to have her in my arms when she returns this year.” Marriage plans On his plan for marriage, he says: “Yeah…very soon, very soon. You will be the first to know when the time is ripe.”
Bad boy According to Junior, his specialty is acting bad boy roles and that has landed him major roles. He says Azonto Babes was one of the most challenging movies he has ever acted. Commenting on the movie he says: “It was quite challenging. In the movie I played the role of this bad guy who just wanted to sleep with all the girls in school.
But in true life I am not a play boy. I used to be a play boy back in the day but now I am a changed man; I don’t hurt women because I know how it feels. I have been heart broken before.” Though he admits that Gollywood is vibrant, he insists that Nolllywood is much more vibrant because of the vast marketing potential.
Any plan to fully relocate back to Nigeria any time soon? “Yes I will come back to Nigeria, my country. In fact, I am already back in Nollywood. I am moving between Nollywood and Gollywood. Currently I am working on a big project which will unite Nollywood and Gollywood in a way never seen before.”...............wat u got to say abt dis?.place ur comment below

No comments: