Wednesday 19 June 2013

Michael Essien to announce Black Stars return after Ghana FA talks

     Ghana midfielder Michael Essien says his return to the Black Stars will not be any time soon and insists, he can only confirm his availability after a meeting with the Ghana Football Association.

The Chelsea ace who spent the second half of this season on loan to Real Madrid, asked to be excused from international duties to concentrate on his club after returning from a six-month injury layoff in 2011.



The return of Marseille duo, Jordan and Dede Ayew and AC Milan midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng to the senior national team had fueled expectations of Essien's imminent comeback.

But Essien, whose Foundation organized the Game of Hope Charity Match at the Accra Sports Stadium, announced he will make known his return, after talks with the Ghana FA.

"I can't play on my own. Can I? I think at the right time I would announce my future with the Black Stars; for now I'm on holidays and I want to relax but I'm looking to have a meeting with the FA as soon as possible and if the outcome is favourable, I would speak out".

When asked about how soon the meeting would take place, the midfielder replied: "They just came back from the international games and would call for the meeting soon. There is a lot to talk about but that is between me and the FA."

Ghana currently top Group D of the African World Cup qualifiers and will meet second placed Zambia in September in a game which decides which team qualifies for the final play-offs.

maryjane

No comments: